05-23-2022 GraphQL Landscape Weekly Report
This is a weekly report providing a snapshot of the GraphQL landscape that is of interest to the wider community. Items added to the report may not have occurred in a given week, but were found that week. Things here may change depending on your feedback or improvements in layout or format. Let the experiment begin!
Identify the people each week who are doing interesting things within any of the areas below.
- Name: Sasha Solomon
- Description: Sr. SWE at Twitter, Tech Lead GraphQL API
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/sachee?lang=en
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sasha-s-3808365a/
- Github: https://github.com/sachee/
- Name: Michelle Garrett
- Description: Michelle Garrett is a Software Engineer at Twitter, GraphQL API Team
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/msmichellegar
- Github: https://github.com/mitchellgarrett
- Name: graphql-jit
- Description of Use: graphql-jit leverages this behaviour of V8 optimization by compiling the queries into functions to significantly improve performance
- URL: https://github.com/zalando-incubator/graphql-jit
Interesting issues on Github
- Title: Add @experimental directive
- Description: Symmetrically to @deprecated, was it ever considered to add an @experimental directive?
- URL: https://github.com/graphql/graphql-spec/issues/943
Interesting discussions on Github
- Title: A list of small issues in the spec
- Description: I've been finding small things in the spec, typos or small mistakes, for a while now. Tried to write them down to report later, but kept losing them.
- URL: https://github.com/graphql/graphql-wg/discussions/969
- Title: The supergraph: a new way to think about GraphQL
- Description: Today we’re updating two more components of our stack: the GA release of Apollo Router, our new high-performance federation runtime written in Rust, and a new Studio build pipeline for delivering changes to a graph.
- URL: https://www.apollographql.com/blog/announcement/backend/the-supergraph-a-new-way-to-think-about-graphql/
- Title: Contracts are now generally available
- Description: Contracts allow you to create tailored graphs for different audiences by applying filters to a single unified graph.
- URL: https://www.apollographql.com/blog/announcement/platform/contracts-are-now-generally-available/
- Title: GraphQL Survey
- Description: At Neo4j, we're interested in understanding how developers are building GraphQL APIs with managed cloud services.
- URL: https://neo4j.typeform.com/to/zxcrqQFu
- Title: 'm seeking well-designed GraphQL APIs from a consumer perspective.
- Description: Point me to a favorite GraphQL API
- URL: https://twitter.com/launchany/status/1527483485274906649
- Title: GraphQL Nullability
- Description: define nullable and non-nullable fields your GraphQL schema with the schema-first approach.
- URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c24Z_aQ0kvM
- Title: 200 OK! Error Handling in GraphQL
- Description: Join Sasha Solomon, Sr. Software Engineer at Twitter in her favorite topic - Error handling in GraphQL!
- URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDNTP66oY2o
- Title: graphql-java/graphql-java-extended-validation
- Description: Validation library for graphql-java & SpringGraphQL
- URL: https://twitter.com/maciejwalkowiak/status/1528653798654324742
- Title: GraphCDN plugin for Wordpress
- Description: GraphQL edge caching speeds up WPGraphQL p99 response times by 56%
- URL: https://twitter.com/GraphCDN/status/1526903360737009664
- Title: graphconnect
- Description: Sessions combining GraphQL with Neo4j graph database.
- URL: https://www.graphconnect.com
|Active on Discord||600-700|
|Meetup groups||142 gropups||84,181|
|Stack Overflow Questions||47,068|