06-07 -2022 GraphQL Landscape Weekly Report
This is a weekly report providing a snapshot of the GraphQL landscape that is of interest to the wider community. Items added to the report may not have occurred in a given week, but were found that week. Things here may change depending on your feedback or improvements in layout or format. Let the experiment begin!
Identify the people each week who are doing interesting things within any of the areas below.
- Name: Jamie Barton
- Description: Prolific GraphQL tutorial builder @ GraphQL.wtf
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/graphqlwtf
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/notrab/
- Github: https://github.com/notrab
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/JamieBartonDev
- Name: WunderGraph launches OSS project - golang GraphQL implementation
- Description of Use: At its core, WunderGraph combines the API Gateway pattern with the Backend for Frontend (BFF) pattern to create the perfect Developer Experience for working with APIs.
- URL: https://github.com/wundergraph/wundergraph
- Name: GraphQL — how we improved our CMS platform, using a generic infrastructure!
- Description of Use: The case of improving the CMS engine at Natural Intelligence, which is being used and modified across the company's R&D teams, this time it was a natural decision to go with GraphQL.
- URL: https://medium.com/@michaelkibenko/graphql-how-we-improved-our-cms-platform-using-a-generic-infrastructure-74e67f36e149
Interesting issues on Github
- Title: [RFC] Add a complete set of GraphQL Document examples for stress testing parsers
- Description: The GraphQL query language is well specified with a formal grammar but is large enough that there can be subtle edge cases when constructing parsers, especially when the parser is hand written. The language also continues to be extended and library developers must stay on top of changes to the spec.
- URL: https://github.com/graphql/graphql-spec/issues/954
Interesting discussions on Github
- Title: GraphQL WG Notes - June 2022
- Description: Copius notes from the June GraphQL Spec WG meeting.
- URL: https://github.com/graphql/graphql-wg/blob/main/notes/2022/2022-06-02.md
- Title: Stellate raises $25M to build a global CDN network based on GraphQL
- Description: GraphCDN Inc. today announced that it has raised a $25 million Series A funding round and is changing its name to Stellate Inc., a word meaning star-shaped.
- URL: https://siliconangle.com/2022/06/06/stellate-raises-25m-build-global-cdn-network-based-graphql/
- Title: The Guild AMA in-person
- Description: tools:
- Yoga 2
- Hive (API Manager)
- Envelop (plugins)
- Subscriptions over SSE vs websockets
- GraphQL Authz + tools
- Schema stitching
- URL: https://twitter.com/sgrove/status/1533923444902965249
- Title: Transform your REST APIs into GraphQL with Azure API Management
- Description: New post from the Azure Developer Community Blog!
- URL: https://twitter.com/azureadvocates/status/1533844927905398784
- Title: GraphQL Summit CfP now open
- Description: Mark Your Calendar: GraphQL Summit is Back, Submit your Talk Proposals Now!
- URL: https://twitter.com/yanashin18618/status/1533996408184836098
- Title: Working with GraphiQL
- Description: Explore how to work with GraphiQL to explore documentation, perform operations, tabs, prettify operations, variables, request headers, and more.
- URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5bzHzqUn9M
- Title: HACKING GraphQL FOR BEGINNERS
- Description: • I'm a bug bounty hunter who's learning everyday and sharing useful resources as I move along.
- URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQCgmftU-Og
- Title: Deeper look at the data model using GraphQL Voyager
- Description: In this episode, we'll plunge deeper into the data model, and visualize it by using the GraphQL Voyager. Voyager is powered by the introspection and schema capabilities of GraphQL APIs.
- URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRJxGrNuZ-I
- Title: GraphQL Hive, the complete GraphQL API manager
- Description: Help GraphQL developers to get to know their GraphQL APIs a little more with our schema registry, performance monitoring, alerts, and integrations.
- URL: https://www.the-guild.dev/blog/announcing-graphql-hive-release
- Title: Olympus
- Description: Olympus is a hybrid caching library for GraphQL that will automatically cache your GraphQL queries/responses on your server and your client’s browser local storage. Olympus also integrates with any server running on Express/Node.js.
- URL: https://medium.com/@marshallkkim29/olympus-an-intuitive-hybrid-caching-solution-for-graphql-b18a08c5045d
- Title: Graphbase
- Description: Grafbase accelerates backend development with next-generation tooling. Deploy globally fast GraphQL APIs with a top-notch developer experience.
- URL: https://grafbase.com
- Title: GraphQL Conf 2022
- Description: The GraphQL Foundation-hosted event for spec and implementation contributors!
- URL: https://graphql.org/foundation/graphql-conf/
- Title: apidays INTERFACE - GraphQL Track, June 9**
- Description: In 2022, it is expected that you need APIs to do business. Not only have APIs become a necessity for application customers to streamline operations across their business and product suite, they have also become an integral part of product development, business strategy, and scalability.
- URL: https://www.apidays.global/interface/
|Active on Discord||600-700|
|Meetup groups||139 groups||84,314|
|Stack Overflow Questions||47,209*|
NOTE: The search function at Stack Overflow now only shows the top 500 questions as a search result. The total number of questions is currently inaccurate and may be removed from future reports.
NOTE: I'll be speaking at apidays INTERFACE about the goals and construction of this report. My talk: "How The Karate Kid can teach you GraphQL"