This is a weekly report providing a snapshot of the GraphQL landscape that is of interest to the wider community. Items added to the report may not have occurred in a given week, but were found that week. Things here may change depending on your feedback or improvements in layout or format. Let the experiment begin!
Identify the people each week who are doing interesting things within any of the areas below.
- Name: Benjie Gillam
- Description: Benjie Gillam is a community-funded open source developer and maintainer of PostGraphile from the UK. He's also a GraphQL Technical Steering Committee member, and a GraphQL trainer and consultant.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Benjie
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/benjiegillam/
- Github: https://github.com/benjie
- Name: Announcing GraphQL Hive, the complete GraphQL API manager
- Description of Use: GraphQL Hive provides all the tools to get visibility of your GraphQL architecture at all stages, from standalone APIs to composed schemas (Federation, Stitching).
- URL: https://www.the-guild.dev/blog/announcing-graphql-hive-release
Interesting issues on Github
- Title: [RFC] Add a complete set of GraphQL Document examples for stress testing parsers
- Description: The GraphQL query language is well specified with a formal grammar but is large enough that there can be subtle edge cases when constructing parsers, especially when the parser is hand written. The language also continues to be extended and library developers must stay on top of changes to the spec.
- URL: https://github.com/graphql/graphql-spec/issues/954
Interesting discussions on Github
- Title: Extending introspection with custom metadata
- Description: This thread intended to discuss different options to extend introspection with "custom" metadata. It started as an overflow from July 2022 WG see, details in #1055
- URL: https://github.com/graphql/graphql-wg/discussions/1069
- Title: Relaunch of GraphQL Radio
- Description: Max Stoiber (CEO, Stellate) and Abhi Aiyer (Tech Lead, Gatsby) dive deep into the GraphQL ecosystem with experts from the industry.
- URL: https://graphqlradio.com
- Title: StepZen joins the GraphQL Foundation
- Description: StepZen is Now Part of The GraphQL Foundation
- URL: https://twitter.com/stepzen_dev/status/1544780803619467264
- Title: GraphQL extend
- Description: You can extend types using ‘extend’:
- URL: https://twitter.com/gethackteam/status/1548945805570097152
- Title: GraphQL Yoga 2.0
- Description: In this talk Uri explores creating a GraphQL Server from scratch with GraphQL Yoga. We’ll explore using plugins with Envelop, Subscriptions with Server Sent Events, and working with a database in Server Context.
- URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeMUhwUmjZs&t=12s
- Title: Michael Staib - Building modern applications with GraphQL 2021 and beyond in ASP.NET Core 6
- Description: This talk will explore how to take advantage of the new capabilities in GraphQL 2021 and how to build a next-generation mobile-first, cloud-first GraphQL backend with the revamped ASP.NET Core 6 web stack.
- URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jX6AOW1y-g
- Title: GraphQL Request Profiler
- Description: Easy to use GraphQL performance analysis utility for profiling resolver execution time. Observe resolver execution time in your API with a visualization tool.
- URL: https://github.com/Econify/graphql-request-profiler
- Title: Building a unified GraphQL API with Apollo Router
- Description: In this article, you will see a practical example of building a unified GraphQL API (supergraph) composed of multiple GraphQL APIs (subgraphs). This is achieved with Apollo Router which recently became generally available.
- URL: https://romankudryashov.com/blog/2022/07/apollo-router/
- Title: Olympus — An intuitive hybrid caching solution for GraphQL
- Description: Olympus is a hybrid caching library for GraphQL that will automatically cache your GraphQL queries/responses on your server and your client’s browser local storage.
- URL: https://medium.com/@marshallkkim29/olympus-an-intuitive-hybrid-caching-solution-for-graphql-b18a08c5045d
- Title: Graphbase
- Description: Grafbase accelerates backend development with next-generation tooling. Deploy globally fast GraphQL APIs with top-notch developer experience. Their service is in beta right now and free to try.
- URL: https://grafbase.com
|Active on Discord||600-700|
|Meetup groups||139 groups||84,092|