08-15-2022 GraphQL Landscape Weekly Report
This is a weekly report providing a snapshot of the GraphQL landscape that is of interest to the wider community. Items added to the report may not have occurred in a given week, but were found that week. Things here may change depending on your feedback or improvements in layout or format. Let the experiment begin!
Interesting discussions on Github
- Title: What is GraphQL - formal definition
- Description: PROPOSAL: GraphQL is a client-server communication protocol commonly implemented over Http, with Json as data format. It defines a language for describing the data model and API of the service, and a request language for expressing the requests from the client to the service.
- URL: https://github.com/graphql/graphql-wg/discussions/1017
Interesting issues on Github
- Title: Open a discussion thread about meta-fields proposal
- Description: From my point of view I see 3 types/kinds of directives which should be clarified in spec for different purposes.
- URL: https://github.com/graphql/graphql-wg/blob/main/notes/2022/2022-04-07.md
- Title: Superblocks announced $37 mil funding
- Description: Superblocks is an internal tooling IDE to connect to any datasource (databases, APIs, data warehouses), drag and drop your common UI components (tables, charts, forms), spin up backend APIs and schedule cron jobs, all in one place.
- URL: https://techcrunch.com/2022/08/11/superblocks-secures-37m-to-help-companies-build-and-maintain-internal-apps/
- Title: Retool raises $45M at $3.2B valuation for low-code app development
- Description: There are also a broad number of integrations and connectors that allow developers to quickly hook into external databases via REST, GraphQL or SOAP APIs.
- URL: https://siliconangle.com/2022/07/28/retool-raises-45m-3-2b-valuation-low-code-app-development/
- Title: Postman Joins the GraphQL Foundation
- Description: Postman is now part of the GraphQL Foundation joining the governing board and increasing our participation in active development projects.
- URL: https://blog.postman.com/postman-joins-graphql-foundation/
- Title: Comparing tRPC and GraphQL
- Description: Comparing tRPC and GraphQL accurately requires us to equalize the context as much as we can and actually focus on their inherent differences.
- URL: https://twitter.com/xuorig/status/1558840448583606274
- Title: Superblocks demo
- Description: Low code solution to build APIs and services
- URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhc9Z0Dnyr4&t=295s
- Title: GraphQL live queries
- Description: Explore working with live in-memory GraphQL queries using Yoga, Envelop, and a custom execute function.
- URL: https://graphql.wtf/episodes/54-graphql-live-queries
- Title: Schema governance approaches for GraphQL
- Description: This post outlines a method we are using at Walmart to ensure that collision-free, standardized subgraphs are onboarded onto the federated gateway. Using our in-house “GraphQL Schema Governance Tool”,
- URL: https://medium.com/walmartglobaltech/schema-governance-approaches-for-graphql-68eaf32a48c0
- Title: SwiftGraphQL
- Description: If you are working with Swift, make sure to take a look at the SwiftGraphQL client. Version 4 just released.
- URL: https://www.swift-graphql.com
- Title: GraphQL Summit
- Description: Annual Apollo GraphQL conference.
- URL: https://summit.graphql.com/event/9cabb0aa-eb3c-4bfd-bf74-3dcc4c82c066/summary
|Active on Discord||600-700|
|Meetup groups||139 groups||84,463|